Information about you: how we use it and with whom we share it
The information you provide will be used by the Software Sustainability Institute (a collaborative project between the University of Edinburgh, the University of Manchester, the University of Oxford and the University of Southampton) to:
- enable us to supply you with the services and information which you have requested
- ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the website
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have indicated otherwise
- notify you about changes to our service
The Institute uses external companies to process information about you on the Institute’s behalf. We use Eventbrite to manage registrations, fee processing and notifications; Mailchimp for email communication; and Google Forms or LimeSurvey for surveys. We use Google Analytics to provide insight into how our users use our website. Our website is hosted on Amazon Lightsail.
The Institute, through its constituent University partners, remains responsible for the information and will ensure it is kept securely.
Legal basis: consent
The… Continue Reading